The UDAN scheme was implemented by the National Civil Aviation Ministry (NCAM) on 15 June 2016. Under this scheme, financial assistance has been released jointly by the Central Government and the State Government.
Out of total 410 airports in India, 394 airports are closed and 16 airports which work less, a budget of 4500 crores has been prepared for all those airports. Along with this, 50 more new airports will be developed. Out of which 15 airports will be built in 2017-18, 15 airports in 2018-19 and 20 airports during 2019-20. Rs 700 crore has been provided for this work.
“UDAN” scheme has been launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 27 April 2017 in Shimla. The objective of this scheme is to provide air service at low cost. Under the Udan scheme, the government will build new airports in different areas of the country and air services will be started where there are old airports.
Inaugurating this scheme, Modi ji said that “he wants that because of this scheme, even a person wearing slippers should travel in an aeroplane”.
After the launch of the scheme, the flights of the Udan scheme between Cuddapah-Hyderabad and Nanded-Hyderabad were launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
UDAN Scheme India
- UDAN Scheme was launched by Mr. Ashok Gajapathi Raju on 21 October 2016.
- It was formally launched on 27 April 2017 by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- UDAN Scheme has been implemented under the responsibility of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- UDAN Scheme is a scheme for common citizens to connect small and big cities in the states of the country and cities of other states with cheap air travel.
- UDAN Scheme will be implemented in 70 airports of the country.
- 70 airports include 27 busy, 12 under-utilized and 31 unused airports. Out of which 17 Airport North, 24 Airport West, 11 Airport South, 12 Airport East, 6 Airport North East India and 2 Airport are in Union Territories.
- Allahabad, Kanpur, Banaras and Lakhimpur Kheri in Uttar Pradesh, Bikaner and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, Jamnagar and Bhavnagar in Gujarat, Jorhat in Assam, Bhatinda and Pathankot in Punjab have been included in this scheme.
- No landing fee and parking fee will be levied on flights under the UDAN scheme.
UDAN Scheme Flights
|Zoom Air||Tru Jet|
|AAA Aviation||Alliance Air|
|Pinnacle Air||Turbo Aviation|
|Air Deccan||Air Odisha|
UDAN Scheme for International Routes
|1||Guwahati to Dhaka to Guwahati|
|2||Guwahati to Kathmandu to Guwahati|
|3||Guwahati to Kuala Lumpur to Guwahati|
|4||Guwahati to Yangon to Guwahati|
|5||Guwahati to Singapore to Guwahati|
|6||Guwahati to Bangkok to Guwahati|
Here you have tried to give all the necessary information about UDAN Scheme. In this article, you have given information about UDAN Scheme Airports, UDAN Scheme Flights, Booking, UDAN Scheme Odisha, Regional Connectivity Scheme Phase 2, UDAN Routes List, UDAN Scheme for International Routes, UDAN Scheme Phase 3 etc.
If you need more information about UDAN Scheme or have any question related to it, then you can contact us.