Skill India Programme is a very constructive campaign introduced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi with an objective to train more than forty crore (400 million) people in India with different skills by 2023. It involves various government programmes like “National Skill Development Mission”, “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)” and the “Skill Loan scheme”.
Initiatives Involved in Skill India Mission
- National Skill Development Mission
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Skill Loan scheme
- Rural India Skill
Involvement of other Countries in Skill India Programme
The UK has shaken his hand with India in order to a execute Skill India Programme. The virtual association will be commenced at the school level. It helps young people of each country to an acquaintance with the school system of the other country and understands the culture, traditions and social and family systems. This will create the mutual acknowledgement between UK and Indian qualifications.
Impact of Skill India Programme
On 12 February 2016, Oracle Company declared that it will construct a new campus of about 2.8 million sq. ft. in Bangalore. This campus wills the largest campus of Oracle accept its headquarters in Redwood Shores, California. This renowned company take a first step towards the initiative of Skill India and will train more than half-a-million students per year to increase computer science skills by enlarging its cooperation with 2,700 institutions in India from 1,700 at present.
The “Indian Leather Development Programme” as of now trained more than 51,216 youth in the time duration of 100 days and it plans to train about 1, 44,000 young person’s yearly. Many new branches of “Footwear Design & Development Institute” are opened in the states like Patna, Hyderabad, Punjab, and Gujarat. The industry is undergoing with the serious skill shortage and most of the people trained are being employed by the industry.
Main Features of Skill India Programme
- The main motive of this programme is to train youths in such a way that they can get a good job and also improve entrepreneurship.
- Under this programme, the youth of India receive proper training, guidance and support for all occupations like carpenters, welders, cobblers, blacksmiths, nurses, tailors, masons, weavers etc.
- More attention will be given in new areas like construction, transportation, real estate, textile, jewellery designing, and gem industry, banking sector, Travel & tourism and various other sectors, where skill development is insufficient.
- The training programmes would be conducted on the international level so that the youths of India can not only meet the domestic demands but also learn the work culture of other countries like the US, China, Japan, Russia, Germany and those in the West Asia.
- Another striking feature of the ‘Skill India’ programme is, to certify the training and to standardise the programme by created a hallmark called ‘Rural India Skill’.
- Many special programs are started for specific age groups like communication skills, personality development skills, constructive thinking skills, leadership skills, behavioural skills, and organisational skills.
- The Skill India designed innovative skills program which includes sports, group discussions, practical experiences, brainstorming sessions, case studies etc.
How Skill India Programme is different from the previous skill development Project
There are many skill development programs are exist in India because Indian government always consider focus on skill development programs on a priority basis. In previous programs the ministry is new; therefore stratagem taken for skill development is also new. Earlier, the government of India only focused on traditional jobs but now all type of jobs will be given equal prominence. Earlier, the schemes were divided into various ministries, but this time, only one department will handle all responsibility of skills programmes. All the programs of Skill India Program are maintained by the ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship with the coordinate of other ministries and organisations.
According to NaMo, Skill India is not just a scheme but a movement which designed to trained Indian youth so that they can get a job. Under the new Skills program, after the completion of particular skill programme, a candidate will get the certificate. This certificate has to be acknowledged by all private and public agencies and organizations.
Utility of Skill India Programme
We all are aware that the growth of every country is depending on the individual growth of every citizen. And skills are very important for the development of an individual, which raise confidence, and provide competitive spirit. Therefore government of India mainly focus on raising the productivity and giving proper direction through skill development programs. Skill development makes a person capable so that they can get reputed job in the society. At the school level, Development of skills is very necessary because this is a right age of learning.
Skill India Programme gives equal importance to both sector whether it is Private or government. For doing any job, a person needs a proper training which helps them to grow in his/her career. That is why our government is actively working on our youth so that they will play a productive role in the development of India.
Contact Details of SIP:
National Skill Development Corporation
Block A, Clarion Collection
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi – 110016
Proposals/NSDC funding: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAR Scheme: email@example.com
NGO engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Skill India Initiative which aims to train almost 40 crore Indian people. This is a very fruitful programme designed by the government of Indian for the welfare of Indian youth. Approx. 2.5 Million crore are planned to spend over this project and many government authorities are combined worked on it. With the help of ministries, this movement is catching a fire and all the district and states are actively participated in this scheme.