Gujarat government will launch Anna Brahma Yojana for migrant labourers from other states stuck during COVID-19 lockdown in the state. Now in the new Anna Brahma Scheme of Gujarat, all non ration card holder migrant workers will get food grains a
Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana
The state govt. of Gujarat will start Anna Brahma Scheme for migrant labourers from other states like UP, MP, Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamilnadu etc. This scheme is important in the view that before the Coronavirus lockdown, many people from various states were working here as daily wagers. But in the lockdown, no person is allowed to work and these migrant workers are now facing problems due to lack of ration, essential commodities as well as money.
Accordingly, Gujarat govt. has started Anna Brahma Yojana to provide free food grains to all those people who does not have ration cards with them. This Anna Brahma Scheme will start from 4 April 2020 and district administration is preparing list of all such labourers. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced Rs. 650 crore package for 65 lakh families of the poor, labourers, unorganised workers and construction workers of the state.
Gujarat Govt. Initiatives To Tackle COVID-19 Pandemic
There are various initiatives taken by the Gujarat govt. to tackle COVID-19 pandemic:-
- Rs. 1,000 Assistance – The families of labourers, unorganised workers, construction workers, house-helps in the state would be provided Rs. 1,000 for the month of April.
- Electricity Duty Waiver – Now CM has announced Rs. 1.50 electricity duty will be charged on consumption of 50 units which was earlier 30 units for BPL families. Fixed charges on electricity bill have been also waived off for month of April for small industries, factories and MSMEs in the states.
- Financial Aid for Gaushalas / Cattle Ponds – The state govt. of Gujarat has also announced Rs. 30 to 35 crore financial aid for gaushalas and cattle ponds. Under this initiative, Rs. 25 per animal for April 2020 would be provided to all gaushalas and cattle ponds.
- Advance Pension to Old Age / Widow / Disabled – Gujarat govt. has also allowed advance allowance to pensioners including senior citizens, widows and persons with disabilites.
- Direct Benefit Transfer – The state govt. has deposited Rs. 221 crore in person’s bank accounts to benefit over 13 lakh people.
- Full Salaries to Employees – Gujarat govt. also directed small and large businesses and the MSMEs to pay their employee’s salaries and wages to their labourers regularly without any deductions till the entire lockdown period i.e 14 April 2020.
Gujarat govt. has setup 83 relief camps in the state where poor families of migrant labourers and others are getting food and shelter. Many NGOs, organizations and charitable trusts also carries out such work and helps the government in such circumstances.
nd other food items absolutely free. This decision is taken to ensure that no person in the state is left hungry during the nation-wide 21 day Coronavirus curfew.
The new Anna Brahma Yojana will include workers from other states such as Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (MP), Bihar, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu etc. In short, all those people currently present in Gujarat who do not have ration cards in their name can now get free ration to sustain their livelihood.
The complete details of the Gujarat Anna Brahma Yojana as well as other initiatives of the state govt. to tackle Coronavirus pandemic can be checked here.